April 15, 2007

Say It Like No One's Listening

I just saw Office Space for the 2nd time, and I must say, it got me a little agitated. I'm a government worker, so I don't have to contend with corporate lingo too much at work; however, it has metastisized into general society and I find it utterly condescending and hollow. A person who speaks coroporate lingo is generally protecting himself from an ass kicking while licking the ass of the person one rung higher on the corporate ladder. Corporate lingo is false, pretentious, and takes much more effort than if one were to just come out and say what he means.

So, on behalf of all corporate cogs and the rest of us who suffer the fall out of corporate lingo and political correctness I say to the leaders of our corporations,

I'm going to have to ask you to go ahead and take the lead on championing Project Shut The Fuck Up.

No comments: