July 12, 2006

Can You Teach It To Decoupage?


My God, I just realized that I live in the wrong city. Chicago is where I ought to be. Where else would any woman want to be, if it can offer you a Crafty Beaver?

Mine is anything but crafty. It’s warm and cuddly, according to Boyfriend, but far from crafty. It never learned how to make a Popsicle stick house or a pinch pot. It can’t knit, crochet, or sew. It can’t braid or macramé. It can’t weave a basket or string beads into a necklace. The fact that I never even knew a beaver could be crafty leaves me feeling quite inadequate and ashamed.

I need to plan a trip to one of the Crafty Beaver stores in the Chicago area. Perhaps they can provide me with the tools I need to train my craft-challenged beaver. Maybe they have workshops! I would be so proud if I could fold an origami swan without using my hands. Wish me luck!

No comments: