May 01, 2006

Happy Happy Day

Some days I'm just grateful that there is one person in this vast universe who can put up with all of my quirks, bad hair days, and fluctuating weight. Just one. That's really all I need. I found that person ten years ago, and he's been putting up with me ever since.

Of course I'm putting up with him too, but that isn't really the point. I don't really mind that he compulsively needs to do chores while I'm sitting on my ass watching Desperate Housewives. I don't really mind his insomnia which leads to unexpected bouts of giddy punchiness and near psychosis. I don't really mind that he came with Faux-Ma and Faux-Pa as part of the package.

What really matters is that he can stand me. There's nothing better in this world than someone who can stand you on a consistent basis for a very long time. Some call it unconditional love. I call it being a damn good sport. For him and all he is to me, I am grateful.

Happy Birthday Hon. I love you for all you are and all you aren't. And I really love you because you don't make too much fun of me on those occasions when a forkful of food misses my mouth.

No comments: